Stephanie Says:

This blog is where I post my poems, when I remember or when I find scraps of paper from years ago. The date I post a poem usually has nothing to do with the date I wrote it!
I feel like poetry is discovered, rather than written, and I like to find it and share it. It's kind of like archaeology - you can unearth a good poem and learn something from it. But you didn't really write the poem yourself, you just provided the medium through which the poems can show themselves to the world. At least, that's what it feels like to me.

Friday 21 November 2008

Why wait?

Why wait until Valentines Day to tell someone you like them?
Why wait for a special occasion to wear your best outfit?
Why wait until Christmas to give presents?
Why wait until the holidays to relax?
Why wait until hometime to talk to your family?
Why wait until retirement to see the world?
Why wait until summer to eat ice cream?

Why live by such conventions when you could just enjoy life?

No comments: