Stephanie Says:

This blog is where I post my poems, when I remember or when I find scraps of paper from years ago. The date I post a poem usually has nothing to do with the date I wrote it!
I feel like poetry is discovered, rather than written, and I like to find it and share it. It's kind of like archaeology - you can unearth a good poem and learn something from it. But you didn't really write the poem yourself, you just provided the medium through which the poems can show themselves to the world. At least, that's what it feels like to me.

Friday 7 November 2008

Broken Dreams

He allowed himself to reminisce,
But it made him sad:
So many things that he would miss;
The fun that they'd once had.
Since the beginning they had grown
But not closer together
Now he must reap what she had sown
And know they weren't forever.

She listened deafly as he spoke
And only saw his eyes:
Her heartfelt scream was but a croak
He could not feel her cries.
He remembered in their prime
When laughter came in streams;
But when she looked back on their time
She saw only broken dreams.

No comments: