Stephanie Says:

This blog is where I post my poems, when I remember or when I find scraps of paper from years ago. The date I post a poem usually has nothing to do with the date I wrote it!
I feel like poetry is discovered, rather than written, and I like to find it and share it. It's kind of like archaeology - you can unearth a good poem and learn something from it. But you didn't really write the poem yourself, you just provided the medium through which the poems can show themselves to the world. At least, that's what it feels like to me.

Friday 7 November 2008

Psychological Analysis of a Messy Bedroom

The crumpled heap that is my bed
Reflects the chaos in my head
The mix of clothes strewn on the floor
Tells stories of my inner-war
This crumb right here, that toe-nail there:
It's obvious I'm in despair!

But it could be that I'm not crazy:
Perhaps it's simply that I'm lazy.

No comments: