Stephanie Says:

This blog is where I post my poems, when I remember or when I find scraps of paper from years ago. The date I post a poem usually has nothing to do with the date I wrote it!
I feel like poetry is discovered, rather than written, and I like to find it and share it. It's kind of like archaeology - you can unearth a good poem and learn something from it. But you didn't really write the poem yourself, you just provided the medium through which the poems can show themselves to the world. At least, that's what it feels like to me.

Friday 7 November 2008

Paperwork Prison

We should work to live and not vice versa
I'll take my broken soul and nurse her
This is the land of the screaming minds
Reflected in nothing but bloodshot eyes

Insanity flickers in brains overwhelmed
This paperwork prison is a living hell
Greed for money and more more more
Depression rising more than ever before

Our priorities are wrong
This cannot go on for long
We are self destructing
We must work to end this thing
or stop.

No comments: