Stephanie Says:

This blog is where I post my poems, when I remember or when I find scraps of paper from years ago. The date I post a poem usually has nothing to do with the date I wrote it!
I feel like poetry is discovered, rather than written, and I like to find it and share it. It's kind of like archaeology - you can unearth a good poem and learn something from it. But you didn't really write the poem yourself, you just provided the medium through which the poems can show themselves to the world. At least, that's what it feels like to me.

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Dad Jokes


My sense of humour is quite daft
I get that from my Dad
I told a joke and no-one laughed
Yet still I wasn't sad
'Cause I can laugh at my own jokes
Just like my funny Dad
We're not like all those boring folks
We joke, we laugh, we're glad.
He'll make a silly pun or two
I'll pull a funny face
And then we'll laugh the whole day through
Is it really such disgrace?
We like to sing out loud as well
My favourite is Tom Jones
Embarrassing sisters is quite swell
They ignore us on their phones.
We'll honk the horn and wave at those
Who we don't even know
And then we'll laugh like crowing crows
Throughout the whole ride home.
My Dad and I, we laugh a lot
But don't cause any harm
So come and share what we have got:
A place on a Funny Farm!

No comments: